Posted on: 14 Oct 2021
Clark Equipment Sales Pty Ltd is a leading a distributor of Construction and Material Handling equipment including Bobcat® and Doosan construction equipment, McCormick tractors, Clark Forklifts as well as Omega Lift Trucks and currently has a position available for an Apprentice plant mechanics.
- The position is workshop based and involves a variety of duties on new and used Construction and Material Handling equipment including;
- Carrying out pre-deliveries on new and used products.
- Servicing and repair
- Test/ repair/ replace broken or defective parts and components.
- Use and maintain tools and equipment correctly and safely.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be mechanically minded with a desire to develop a career as a plant mechanic
- Be willing to learn and develop your skills and knowledge.
- Ability to read and analyse manuals and technical information.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be well organised and presented.
- Ability to work well with your hands.
- Ability to work well with tools and understand correct purpose.
- Patience to assist senior technicians and follow direction.
Capable of passing a pre-employment medical which includes a Drug & Alcohol screening you will also be:
- Someone who likes to and wants to work in a team.
- Friendly and polite, easy to talk to.
- Reliable, honest and punctual.
- Motivated, eager to learn showing initiative.
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do.
- A person with great attention to detail.
We offer you:
- Above award rates of pay
- Access to factory training
- Assistance with tooling
- Exposure to one of the largest ranges of industrial equipment
- A solid future career path
General interest in one or more of the product groups or a pre-trade course qualification would be an advantage.
Please email your attached resume and cover letter to: